View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 02:28 PM   #12
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation

Not sure of your overall skills and talents but what got another butch friend of mine to start feeling comfortable in the kitchen wass to point out that it's really no different than a house project: Measure, combine using the right (or a substitute set of ) tools, follow the directions (which are usually far clearer for cooking than for many house projects), and don't be afraid to screw it up, toss it out, and start over.

And honestly, if you have a skillet (probably non-stick would be best at your skill level) you don't need the grill - we can walk you through turning the stove on...

There are cookbooks out there that start at the "how to boil water" stage and work their way up from there that you might want to try. I know some great vegetable/vegetarian cookbooks as well for anyone who wants to focus on seasonal fresh vegetables - let me know and I'll post the link.
Dance-with-me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dance-with-me For This Useful Post: