How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,437 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

i worry about you too tommi! wish i could come cook for you.

i love cooking and am forever cooking like i'm feeding a small army. even after living alone for 7 years. it's a holdover from childhood (when i WAS cooking to feed a small army).

things i do that i find helpful...

cook up things that can be easily made and frozen in batches of 2-3 servings (spaghetti, soup).
cook up lots of veggies i like and reheat them throughout the week...typically this means saute or roast a big pan of broccoli, mushrooms, and peppers with some garlic and rosemary.
i have a collard green habit that won't quit so i buy a few lbs. of collard greens when i go to the store and cook up 1-2 lbs. at a time and eat that throughout the week. collard greens are extremely easy and forgiving to make - just throw them in a pot on the stove with some water and garlic, salt, pepper, hot sauce (if you're into that), etc. then boil for 30-45 minutes. or throw them in a crock pot with some water and leave it on for several hours.
i buy big packs of chicken breasts and split them up - put 2-3 breasts in individual ziploc freezer bags and freeze. then when i'm hungry, take them out in the morning and let them thaw all day. then throw some garlic and rosemary on them, add butter or olive oil, and bake at 350 for around 45 minutes. enough chicken for 2-3 meals. i usually put foil in my baking pans so i don't have to wash them that often.
potatoes are awesome - scrub, poke holes in them, and microwave for 4-5 minutes. add butter/broccoli/cheese/ranch dressing/whatever and voila, instant side dish.
i'm also the queen of pasta with sauce from a jar. hey, it works. i like making homemade sauce but i rarely have the time/energy.
i'm a huge fan of roasted sausage with peppers, onions, and mushrooms - chopping the veggies takes time but you can put foil in the baking pan and toss everything in and cook for around an hour and it's basically a one pot meal with very few dishes.
sweet breads (like pumpkin or banana bread) freeze well if you can't eat a whole loaf by yourself and don't have anyone to share it with. as far as baking goes, they're also one of the most forgiving things to bake and usually you only need one bowl and a spoon to mix all the ingredients.
one of my partners is a confirmed bachelor who hasn't used the oven in several decades. he roasts steak and chicken using a countertop convection oven (again, using foil to minimize dishes) and swears by it.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post: