Elijah

How Do You Identify?:
Genderqueer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
Open to healthy possibilities...

Thanked 1,628 Times in 393 Posts
Elijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST Reputation

Right, I understand the enhancements they are making, I still don't understand under what circumstances I will have to change my insurance and what that really means in terms of cost. I have to believe that coverage cost will go up (significantly), otherwise how do they fund the massive expansions?

E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
It means that as the ACA gets implemented insurance costs will be changing. Insurance companies will no longer be able to put a cap on lifetime coverage. They will no longer be able to discriminate as to who can get covered, nor can they deny coverage for a preexisting medical disease or condition, such as being female. It means that younger healthier people will get excellent rates and those of us who are not so young and healthy will pay a bit more for coverage. It means that insurance companies can no longer charge seniors more for their medications than the exchanges will pay. All in all good things.

~Washington Irving
Elijah is offline   Reply With Quote