Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasPiscesGrrl View Post
Thanks for the links sent. They really are helpful.

for the first time in my life, since I moved up to AR in March 2011, I have been without insurance. At 61 yrs old, that is a very scary place to be. I have also, for the last 30 years, been in the medical insurance and billing business. I have perhaps a better grasp on what this law is intended to do, and how it intends on getting there. I have done underwriting, and understand the concept of spreading the risk to obtain lower premiums. I am looking forward to the implementation of the ACA. It will help me (since ins companies can no longer deny me coverage for any pre-existing conditions, or require me to fill out a 15 page application form, asking nothing but questions on "Have you EVER had____" ) I mean, at age 61, there isn't a whole lot that I haven't had! So now, all they will be able to ask me is how much I made last year, and that is only to see if I qualify for premium assistance.

I am self employed, and have a small company (currently 6 employees), so I do not HAVE to offer them ins. I will, however, even if it is just by supplementing premiums they have to pay out of pocket. However, most of them will qualify for drastically reduced rates, if not completely covered.

My one question that I had, and I haven't been able to find an answer to it yet, and the "navigators" aren't in place yet to ask, is whether the income from last year is based on Gross or Taxable Income.

Anyone know?

APG
Don't know, good question. I would suggest you contact your states Insurance Commissioner..
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post: