View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #28
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Yup, I don't know where I fall on their income guidelines, but I think basic preventative care is covered. Will see. Anyway, I'm just glad to see there is something coming into place for those of us who are self employed.

I did have a hospital bill once, broke my arm. I made an arrangement with them and paid it off. Makes sense for me to pay off something like that, because I used the service! The way most insurances run, I'd have had to pay almost the same amount in deductible before they'd have picked up the tab anyway.

My daughter is, thankfully, in the same health bracket as I am. She took an antibiotic once when she was two. She is 14 now. She sees a chiropractor now and again, who takes her insurance, and we just pay a small co-pay. She sees her primary care doctor... every couple of years I guess? We don't do most immunizations and she doesn't go to school, so we're not required to do a lot of the regular stuff. I wouldn't have her go without insurance, but it's just one of those things I play out.

About 10 years ago, I looked at what I'd been paying into health insurance. It had been a little over 2,000 each year for three years. When I added up what I'd actually used in medical services, it was under $300 total in those three years.

Also, at least in NY, individual dental insurance is wicked affordable. That, I invest in. Totally worth it.

Last edited by easygoingfemme; 09-04-2013 at 09:37 PM.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post: