thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah View Post
No, I have health insurance through my employer. However the language I keep coming across is as follows: "If you have health insurance through an employer, you probably do not have to make any changes to your coverage.

I am not sure what that little caveat means, and that makes me apprehensive.

So far, I haven't run across under what circumstances I would have to change my coverage and what that would mean.

E.
Here's one change you WILL see - remember all that shit they used to deny you coverage for? Well, they can't do too much of that anymore.

Oh yeah, and 80% of your money has to go towards your actual medical care and NOT lining their pockets, otherwise they have to give you a rebate.

Remember how they used to just cancel people's policies when they got cancer? Those days are gone too.

And you know how they used to just set their rates in the dark and you had no way of comparing the cost to what other companies are offering without going through a whole new set of paperwork, blood test, etc... well, in most states, you can compare prices now.

And regarding the expansions, those are medicaid, not private insurance in most cases. More people insured will actually drive down hospital costs, since you and I are actually paying more for all the people who use the services and don't ever pay.

Gotta go fight my insurance company on another treatment for something they claim was "pre-existing" again. A genetic test. SMH! How are your genes pre-existing??
thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post: