Power Femme

How Do You Identify?:
Cinnamon spiced, caramel colored, power-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to a wonderful horse girl

Thanked 6,848 Times in 1,493 Posts
dreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Teddy:

Unless you are in a heterosexual marriage *or* you live in a state that has already achieved marriage equality you already *do* pay taxes on the amount your employer contributes to your partner's health insurance coverage. Interestingly, the day after the SCOTUS rulings in June, my HR person came to me and asked if my honey and I were planning on going to Washington to get married (we live in Oregon). The reason is is that the minute they *could* change the withholding for spousal coverage for same-sex couples they did. They can't for Oregon since DP does not equate to marriage but once we are legally married we will no longer have to pay taxes on the amount my employer contributes to my wife's coverage.

If you are heterosexually married, of course, you already don't pay taxes on the amount your employer contributes to spousal health insurance coverage.

Cheers
Aj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddybear View Post
Let me tell y'all what has happened to me since the passing of this "unread" piece of #%??>.

My insurance rates have doubled. I went from paying bout $50 a week for ALL insurance that was offered for a family of 3. Now I'm paying almost $110 a week for just me.

I know ppl whose companies WON'T let them work more then 28 hrs a week so they don't have to offer it to them.

I maybe old fashion but I think before "ANY" law is voted on or passed every page, and line should be read by those voting on it and be available for more then a cpl of days for us who will be affected by the new law, everyone in this case will be.

I think we gave a long way to go before ANY of us really know what we are in for.

Has anyone noticed the new box added to ur paystub?? The one that says either benefits or fringe benefits. We are getting ready to have to pay income tax on the amount of what our company pays as their part of these benefits.

I don't mind paying my fair bur come on

"People on the side of The People always ended up disappointed, in any case. They found that The People tended not to be grateful or appreciative or forward-thinking or obedient. The People tended to be small-minded and conservative and not very clever and were even distrustful of cleverness. And so, the children of the revolution were faced with the age-old problem: it wasn’t that you had the wrong kind of government, which was obvious, but that you had the wrong kind of people. As soon as you saw people as things to be measured, they didn’t measure up." (Terry Pratchett)
dreadgeek is offline   Reply With Quote