View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 05:41 PM   #54
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,128 Times in 3,010 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
From CNN: As the novel coronavirus outbreak continues to spread across the US and its territories, health departments have created landing pages where people can go to get the latest information about the virus in their specific location.

CNN’s list includes all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands and Guam:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/16/healt...rnd/index.html

Orema, that's super informative. Thank you.

Everything is so hour by hour. We keep making plans at work and then they change and change again.

We are preparing to close our child care center except for maybe keep one room open just for children of staff. We have 9 staff members who are single parents and don't have the support system to work their jobs full time if they don't have child care and we need them at work for as long as we can have them.

Since we don't have all of the children we usually have, we are re-purposing all of the food we had for them and the cook we have for the daycare centers to cook meals for our housing residents and children who don't have food at home and are used to getting breakfast and lunch with us. Our advocates who work in the courthouse and child protective, where buildings are closing, will come work to help pack up food for our people who need it.
My daughter got her job back working in my building while her school is closed. We put her on front desk where she usually works but she was more needed in my housing department so she's been hard at work making hygiene packs and tomorrow she will start packing food boxes for the quarantined so we are ready to deliver when that happens. Our mental health counselors will be delivering meals to our off campus clients during their more quiet hours.

I did find out today that the public health department has a system in place to bring food to those who are quarantined. It's a great relief. I don't know if they are prepared to serve as many as will need but at least there is a plan in place.

After a debriefing with CDC today I was told I am doing a great job. I really needed to hear that so that made me happy.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post: