Old 08-30-2019, 10:33 PM   #86
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Mindhunter

I just finished watching season 2 of Mindhunter (Netflix release), the main theme of all season 2 episodes was about catching the guy who had committed the "Atlanta child murders".

Very interesting... about the FBI, and how they coined the phrases "serial killer" and developed what they also coined as "profiling".

It appeared quite realistic and showed just how catching these monsters is affected by politics, racism, beliefs and just about everything else: including bureaucracy, sloppy police work - you name it!

The writer(s)? took quite a few liberties. Of the three main characters portrayed in the series, one was written in as single lesbian psychology professor and working in the basement HQ of their unit at Quantico (and she also has an affair with a woman). In reality, the woman who worked with the real Douglas was straight, a forensic nurse specializing in victimology, and never actually set foot in Quantico and was married and had kid(s).

Having never read Douglas's book, I don't know about the rest of Douglas's real partner, and/or the veracity of his partner's story line in the series - his troubled kid and wife...

One is given glimpses of quite a few of the serial killers they interviewed, as they worked out how to get profiles of these people (Manson, Kemper, Wayne Williams, etc.)

What I liked about the series is that they didn't show any of the ugly assaults that they monsters actually committed... so far... Actually, I don't like films like that, and don't watch them and have been known to usually fast forward if those scenes appear; I prefer seeing how they catch the bad guys and the interaction between the cops/detectives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHlJQCyqiaI
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charley For This Useful Post: