imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Ok, for me, it's not about trying to be right, it about articulating what I think and *why* I think what I do. The defence of "I'm entitled of my opinion" .... Well of course you are. I'm also allowed to question the reasons and logic behind the opinion. And if someone doesn't have very good reason or logic, then it's not a sound opinion. Just like someone saying "you are triggering me" when what they actually mean is "I'm offended" I will challange. I'll challange an opinion I don't agree with and I will expect some form of logical explanation that has validity to it. If it doesn't, I'll point it out.
If it does, I might learn something new. That's rather the point, for me. If I have a logical fallacy in my argument because of something I hadn't considered, I hope someone will point it out. That may cause me to look at things differently.

Granted, there are things I will no longer debate, like sex workers rights, but I was reading old threads where I thought "huh, oh yeah, I ihad forgotten that point. It's actually something quite valid... "

But if the people who are posting in this community no longer enjoy that kind of thing, even if it takes them against certain opinions, then I can understand. I loathe drive by posts where someone just dumps an opinion without reading the arguments of the thread and thus a dogpile of "no it isn't!" Occurs. It can feel like one is buried like that. I figure of three people have already expressed my opinion and argument and there is nothing new I can add, then there isn't a point for my post. So I get the "I hate being dog piled on" assertion.

There was a polite agreement at one forum about that .... Can't recall which one.

Anyway, that was the whoe point of me going to forums, to stretch my learning. I have local friends for fun fluffy conversations. So I miss it sometimes. I cut my teeth on queer theory here, and although the older discussions I couldn't really be arsed with anymore, I do miss having new ones. Or people posting about dilemmas.

I've got people to talk abut sandwich fillings with, which is actually a very valuable thing. And I know not everyone has that. Nor is interested in learning by discussion and debate. I'm not as adept as I used to be, brain rot and all, but I still like some brain yoga.

Thanks Grianne and Ms tinkerbelly. Thee feedback is actually food for thought.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post: