imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation
Default Drakes!

oh lovely! I do so love this term. My favourite kind of woman (well, I'm a lezzo. Your mileage may vary) is one that is casual dapper... I know plenty of femmes love the jeans, boots and white undershirt james dean thang... but my very favourite is a suit vest over a casual shirt... casual trousers that are rolled to just below the knee... bare feet... flat cap... tattoos... freckles.

a casual dapper.

but my exes have all been very colourful, on the dapper side, and yeah absolute filthy rakes in the right ways at the right times (and sometimes the wrong time is even the right time) but absolute gentlemen/women in the right ways. And have always loved femininity and have never put it down as weak.

This group:
http://www.dapperq.com/london-solidarity-group-drake/

started in London - many of the lovlies in it I know and are extremely charming, intelligent, fabulously dressed and gentle types. Urban and metro and very diverse. fabulous manners. And best of all I know they are schoolin the younger set in it about how to choose a shirt, how to charm a gal how to tie a bow tie, where the tailors are in London that will adjust a suit...

But I think the term should go global.

I thought the term "Drake" for Urban, dapper, metrosexual dandies that I love was excellent!!!

Here's a Wood Drake:

and if you look at the lovlies at Dapper Q... I think it's comparable!!!

I also know some of my exes who have a love/hate relationship with butch because they don't quite feel it's "right" (they feel it's too marloborough man type, and doesn't leave room for them to love being women - don't shoot me, I've heard this a lot in urban Europe - and not just from Europeans there) this term as they feel it leaves more room for them to have a sense female grace with themselves as well as the their masculinity.

I do understand what they are saying, though I think there's lots of room in the term butch, but they feel more comfortable with "drake" and like it (the group invites all genders in queer female/trans but I'm just yakkin about my exes who have trouble with the term butch and can't quite embrace it)

as always, I've also seen sneering and putting them down. Ah well.

However, I am proudly a duck to someone's drake. And although femme is still part of who I am... I most definite will have my duck head turned by a drake.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post: