Old 05-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #56
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
3 months? That is WAY too long for me. Inside of a month for me.

I have never dated anyone that was not within driving distance. It has never been an option for me. Too much of a pain in the ass and the ability to assess long term compatibility is too hampered for my comfort level. I tend to date within a 30 mile radius. I have been very fortunate to have found women who although may not have been a part of a b/f community, were femme.

(and of course I count myself to be very lucky as I found the lovely tantalizingfemme very close to home)
I agree that three months before i met someone would be too long for me as well. I've had a few LDRs. But, meeting as soon as you can and as much as possible is key.

It was about a month into talking when me and my partner met face to face even though we knew "of" each other for years. We were 2500 miles from each other. But, we were both flexible and positive we could find a way. And thankfully, we did.

There is a lot of truth in the statement "You will know". That first hug, real time laugh, kiss, the fireworks *fans self, we both knew. We were both ready for that real relationship and it just worked, but you gotta work it. Many, many hours on skype, telephone, texts whatever you gotta do to become part of that person's life.

My advice to anyone starting in an LDR is ...meet the person soon, make sure that one of you are willing to move at the beginning and be responsible to yourself AND to the other party. BE HONEST.

OH andddddd make sure your heart ( the love part) AND mind (the red flags or financial or logistics, or "but i don't wanna move" parts) are in agreement. They BOTH have to want it. It took me many years to figure that one out. If your heart OR your mind is saying "no, i don't think so"...run.

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post: