Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
masculine ones work best...
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Thanked 16,492 Times in 2,972 Posts
jac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputation

10:30 tomorrow morning...

After looking at a friend's Cathedral pictures she recently took, I'm feeling a little homesick for a morning of sitting through Mass. I'm not a practicing Catholic anymore but still feel attached to it at times. When at the hospital I still say I'm Catholic and would still feel right having a priest come in for my last rights. It was so deeply ingrained into my every fiber growing up that no matter how I say I am not a part of any organized religion, I have moments like this where I desire to be around it. I think the last time I sat through Mass was about 10 years ago. I have no intention to make it a regular thing... and this may very well hold me for another 10 years, but for now I just have a sudden need to be present. To be wittness. To go through the motions. To have that old familiarity. To walk in quietly, sit by myself, attend the service, say all the prayers that I haven't said in forever but would easily say them as if I had never skipped a Sunday, and leave. I don't want to speak to anyone, be recognized or even acknowledged but I know that isn't so. That if nothing else, when it's time to give peace to others it's inevitable or when I walk out to leave the priest will be standing there to see each and every person off and will extend his hand to me. But if this is all I have to do to have an hour or so (depending on how winded the priest is) to get that moment of homecoming, I will. Oh boy do I hope the homily isn't a rant that is going to be a disappointment. Guess we'll see...
jac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jac For This Useful Post: