Old 04-04-2018, 06:37 PM   #1414
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Hi Dapper,

No, I don't think the Newfoundland or Great Pyreness can handle the Texas heat. Back to the drawing board. I have plenty of time to complete my research. I am now looking at Collies.

Thank you,
Chad.

On the kitty front, my kitties are still making me laugh everyday.
Hey, Buddy, The Great Pyreness is number one for doing what you want in Texas. Did you miss what I wrote?

"The most common LGDs in Texas are Great Pyre- nees, Anatolian Shepherds, Maremma, or Akbash. These or similar guardian dog breeds are highly suggested. Breeds that do not have strong protective instincts are less likely to be effective. Breeds whose instinct is to hunt or herd have behaviors that are counterproductive to guarding small ruminants and rarely become effective LGDs. Survey data indicates that the Great Pyrenees is the most common guardian dog, primarily because it is a good guardian breed and is the least aggressive towards people and livestock."

Like, the top four for texas is listed right above to kill your coyote (and be gentle with everyone else). Just what you said you wanted.

You might want to start with those. A collie is a herder. You don't want a herder or a hunter. See above.

https://www.quora.com/Can-a-dog-kill-a-coyote

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: