View Single Post
Old 05-31-2017, 08:25 PM   #5369
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

I am looking forward to leaving the Wound Clinic tomorrow after my 10:00 a.m. appointment. Been back to the doctor 3 times this past week and all test results came in. I do not have dibetes, no staph infection, no bone infection. The hole I knocked in my shin on March 11th will not heal. I imagine tomorrow they will cut out the ugly, scrape it good, clean it and send me on my way. We will have a serious conversation before they do anything invasive about their ideas regarding a pain management plan. My calf burns and hurts all over the inside. The thought of them cutting on this wound, even with shots to deaden the pain sends me through the roof about pain afterwards. I am glad I never liked pain meds in the least so I do not worry about my addiction problem from the past raising its ugly head. That is a huge blessing. I do not suffer well.

Last week, I called one of my nurses "Nurse Ratched" and she laughed. I did a prank yesterday morning. Copied a photo off the Internet of Nurse Ratched (actress Louise Fletcher) from 1975 movie One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest. Put photo in Word and made a heading in large letters. BE AFRAID - NURSE RATCHED WORKS HERE TO INCLUDE my doctor's name and all associated nurses. I smuggled it into my appointment yesterday. Went into stealth mode and placed it in stretigic places around the doctor-s office. They all got a big kick out of it. Not joking, this Nurse Ratched called me twice Friday to remind me of the Wound Center appt. I told her they had all told me multiple times. She said, "well, it is because we know you." I told her that I felt they all had ganged up on me. That is when I decided to make the little Nurse Ratched poster to decorate their walls.

It will be okay soon I hope and I can close the book on this issue.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post: