View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 03:56 PM   #4621
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Thinkin’ easygoingfemme is kicking azz and taking names. Definitely worth walking across those tracks. If it is part of a designated bike route you might send your pics to whoever runs the fixing calendar.

Gemme, I hope you’re back up to speed soon, I enjoy hearing about the trail programs you’re using.

nycfem, when I have a big total like that it’s because it’s the whole day including whatever I did intentional or not. Last night I walked the length of my home beach and back without stopping and it took 2:45. At 25 min/mi pace that would be 6.6mi which is about right.

I’m trying not to go so far down the detail road as I have in the past and focus on trends over time that affect whole health. So, weekly, monthly, and annual numbers are playing a bigger role for me over my one off numbers. I’m sure that will morph over time as I go in and out through cycles.

I am looking at things like consistency in weight, resting heart rate, average steps/miles over time, sleep trends and right now more subjective mental health milestones.

That said, after a day off walking my day totals for Sunday and Monday were 21,231steps 8.5mi and 18,060 steps 7.1mi

For the month of Sept I averaged 15,975 steps per day over 30 days, slept (actually asleep) 6hr20min per night, and had a resting heart rate variance from 58-73, again over 30 days.

This is all passive tracking via my watch, it just tallies up over time. I went very far down the obsessive tracking rabbit hole a few years ago and stayed there for years. Think reams of spreadsheets. I’m trying to use this more passive/trend approach as a way to get the benefits without being such a nut job.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: