Old 05-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #58
psykftm

How Do You Identify?:
FtM
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single, healing

psykftm Has the BEST Reputationpsykftm Has the BEST Reputationpsykftm Has the BEST Reputationpsykftm Has the BEST Reputationpsykftm Has the BEST Reputationpsykftm Has the BEST Reputationpsykftm Has the BEST Reputationpsykftm Has the BEST Reputationpsykftm Has the BEST Reputationpsykftm Has the BEST Reputationpsykftm Has the BEST Reputation
Default terms of 'affection'

I work at a gas station at the moment...
I really just can't stand the sweetie, honey stuff. I never understand how (typically male) customers come in, and despite how butch I look still find it so easy to drop something like a babydoll. Pisses me off its just damn, really?

One time this dude walks in and drops ten of them in one sentence. No one was in the store, so I decided to vent this time. I told him I didn't like to be called those types of things..he argued and said I shouldn't care because all his female co-workers see it as him being affectionate. Wtf. So when I said I didn't want his affection, he was all "well I was going to get gas but you can forget it". He didn't freakin leave though! He just kept talking about what it meant to him..he couldn't hear a damn thing I said about how it affected me. Eventually I told him to get out of my store. A year eroded me though, and now I only tend to fight on it with my regulars. One of them even started calling me sir when I explained, so that was a bit healing for me..that guy is cool as hell.

I just can't believe people sometimes...my truck driver would call me "mama" and "baby"...and so I explain that I have contemplated ftm, and that I really dislike those types of titles. I thought he totally understood. He's all "some people can be so disrespectful with that" and basically went on about how he didn't think there was anything wrong with ftm, alla that...then when he leaves he goes, "alright, see you next time princess". Not as a stab...he was seriously just that freakin stupid. I really just wish people didn't through those terms around without a second thought.

That's my rant, I hope I didn't offend anyone who appreciates those terms, and also didn't mean to imply that all butches hate those phrases.
psykftm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to psykftm For This Useful Post: