Old 01-11-2021, 08:54 PM   #6702
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clementinefemme View Post
I'm feeling frustrated. Could use some advice.

How do you know when someone is really guarded and needs love and care to open them up versus when someone truly just has the emotional depth of a toothbrush? How much time should I invest in this process?
Is this the person that drove off to let you move stuff by yourself? Am I remembering that right? If so, and you've talked to them about that and nothing has changed for the better, move on. But before you do, make it absolutely clear as to what the consequences will be and why you are letting go. Do not make an ultimatum but let them know that you're trying and you aren't getting anything back and you aren't willing to spend a lifetime trying to crack whatever kind of nut they are. Then listen to them. Really listen. Are they talking in circles just to get you to hang around or are they trying too, but not in the way you want them to? That would create two very different results, if it were me.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: