Old 01-19-2021, 12:23 PM   #638
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,783 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

In less than 24 hours Trump will be out of office and Biden & Harris will be sworn in. I hear he is leaving town quite early so by the time I wake up tomorrow morning he will be gone, gone, gone!

I am nervous about tomorrow but also very hopeful and looking forward to it. I was so relieved there were not any big attacks on our state capitols over the weekend, so hopefully, the insurgents realize they are well-prepared for now. I just hope everyone is kept safe. It's also a bummer there can't be big crowds to celebrate but the important thing is that our country will be led by honorable, competent people as of noon eastern tomorrow.

I am really looking forward to seeing Kamala Harris sworn in by Justice Sotomayor using Thurgood Marhsall's bible. That will be amazing.

We did it. We saved our democracy using democratic means. Our country is in tatters and those of us still standing are lucky to have survived. I mourn the loss of all who have lost their lives unnecessarily to COVID-19 due to Trump's inhumanity and incompetence and anyone else who is no longer with us. I think the biggest lesson of all is to never take anything for granted and that the fight for justice and our rights will never end.

Tomorrow starts a new age. There is much work to be done. Thank goodness we will be in experienced and competence hands. God Bless America.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post: