View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 08:52 AM   #16
dale2555

How Do You Identify?:
human

dale2555 Has the BEST Reputationdale2555 Has the BEST Reputationdale2555 Has the BEST Reputationdale2555 Has the BEST Reputationdale2555 Has the BEST Reputationdale2555 Has the BEST Reputationdale2555 Has the BEST Reputationdale2555 Has the BEST Reputationdale2555 Has the BEST Reputationdale2555 Has the BEST Reputationdale2555 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude View Post
Wondering if I'm just socially atypical............. What is the level of your need for personal space? Does the suggestion of "in your face" send an involuntary shiver up your spine? Do crowds ever overwhelm you? How do you feel about the person behind you in a que (how close is too close)? The hug from a mere acquaintance?

This is wholly apart from sexual intimacy - talking physical, personal space here; not even about emotional need for space. (That may be my next query!)
With family, and this includes my friends who have meshed into family through the years, I rarely feel the need to pull back. With anyone else, there is a definitive line drawn and any push over that line is received with my physically stepping back to regain my necessary distance. How much distance is determined by who that person is and the context of the situation.

I have recently been told that I am an "in your face person" and this surprised me. Never saw myself that way. I asked a friend who has known me a long time and she said yes. However when I asked for clarification, she said I get in people's faces when I find their behavior or conversation offensive, which is totally different from the discussion here.

I am a touchy, feely person with those I care for and enjoy being touched by them. However, to be thought of as someone who doesn't sense anothers "personal space" has given me pause. Not saying I feel horrible about it, but I will be more attentive to it now.
dale2555 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dale2555 For This Useful Post: