View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 10:22 PM   #7221
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Art & Painting

That's cool that it's getting closer to the end of our group's summer Mermaid painting project and that you're mermaid is on the way to CCB, Clay. Yay!

I've been busy renewing my love for small painting projects.

I credit CCB's latest art project for inspiring me!

I went by Michael's craft store, and picked up various types of paints, picked up more unusual nifty embellishment type goodies (sparkly gems, sea shells, starfish, and Swarovski Crystals, etc), and unusual painting boards (gesso, pine cuts, wood grain type cuts of boards) and I painted an colorful Rooster, only she's a girl Rooster (!) -- She's got metallic blue tail feathers, neon metallic fringy feathers across her back, dark brown body, and an mixture of metallic colors of feathers around her neck, and huge oversized glasses with Red Swarovski Crystals for her eyes -- she's terribly CUTE! -- for my BFF (sister-in-law's) mother. She LOVES Roosters! She turns 80 years old, this weekend. And, she loved it, when my BFF gave it to her today!

I painted an Idaho Mountain Blue Bird, representing my mother because my mother has Idaho plates with the Blue Bird on it and her pet name is "Momma Bird." Under the female Blue Bird is six eggs, which represent all of us siblings. I gave the Blue Bird Swarovski Crystals in Red, Pink and Teal crystals which represent the crown (for my mother). I mailed it off to her today, so she'll get it this Saturday, but will most likely pick it up on Monday. My mother turned 79, early in July. So there's only a years difference in age between my mother and my BFFs mother.

Right now, I'm working on an Christmas painting project for my BFF and her husband. They've been married for over 39 years. Her husband is 74, my Bff and I are nearly the same age (59). But my BFF saw the Mermaid I made for the person in our group project and loved it, so I am painting and special edition for them. My BFF is the Mermaid and her husband is and Octopus. The Mermaid will be floating in the sea to the left of the painting and the Octopus will be on the right side of the painting, with several of his tentacles reaching out and wrapping around the Mermaid. I laid the base paint tonight, will paint the Mermaid tomorrow, and paint the Octopus on Saturday, then add the extra sea shells and embellishments on Sunday. By Monday the painting should be dry (finished). It's on an nice long cut of pine board (oblong) and I bought metal hangers to make it easy for them to mount up on the wall space above their walk-in closet. It's coming together nicely.

After I return home from babysitting the pets and housesitting, next week, I'm going to paint two other special projects, which will be created upon two separate cuts of pine - oval in shape - and it's like a sample cut of an small diameter pine tree. The bark encases the cut of pine. I won't reveal at this time what either painting will be, but I'm gathering ideas, based on certain things either person I'm creating each painting for will like.

I hope everyone is enjoying the last of summer in August and I know there will be lots of excitement over Labor Day weekend, for some of you in our group, but I hope all of you have a wonderful rest of the summer and that festivities over Labor Day weekend will be exciting and full of Joy!!!

--K.

Last edited by Kätzchen; 08-09-2018 at 10:31 PM.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: