View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 04:19 AM   #13
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

When my grannie finialy became so forgetful she didn't know where she was nor could she deal with the live in sitter I finealy went to night school to finish high school and cared for her myself,this went on for a couple of years.One morning I got up to my mother asking me where she was,I said check the bathroom,well grannie had some how unlocked the safety latches and was no where to be found.She was almost 80 at the time,I called the police,any and every one I knew,the mounted patrol that I belonged to got involved so for three days no one knew where she was.Then a friend of ours who owned the old family grosery
about a mile from home called to tell us they had her at the store,they herd something going through the garbage cans' thinking it was an animal so went to check it out then found her then called us.She was starving,covered in bug bites whit scratches plus bruises.I went to pick her up.thank goodness she knew who I was,I had her checked out by a doctor that said she was just a lost person who was probly on the river banks from the injuries she had but no one had done any thing to her thank goodness.We put her in a care facility that took really good care of her.BUT,I was the hardest thing I had to deal with at the time.We all blamed our selves for not being more aware of her roaming the house at night,but she had never done anything like that before.
Till the day she passed I went every day after school,brought her home on weekends and holidays there she was put on meds to help her be easyr to deal with.I'm glad she had such good care at the home but wish I could have done more,now I know I did all I could so did mom.The other family members,some did what they could some fell into the void.
Dee just take it one day at the time,go to what ever help group you have,as for the family that dosent feel they could help you cant' change them,I know I have tryed.One thing that could help is adult day care,I worked in one for a long time it was godsend for the families of the people that came that came,we had a nursing staff with a staff that really cared for everyone.I will send you all the energy I have to send.Take care .
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post: