Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,619 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I was never much of a mall shopper and I didnt buy alot of clothes thru retail stores in general. I like thrift stores. And garage sales. Sometimes, for special wear I will buy new and in retail. Like horse related clothes. I will buy western skirts and blouses new because I couldnt find them often in thrift stores. I buy alot off ebay. My wardrobe, therefore had an eclectic tone to it. I bought sporadically whatever caught my eye...

but I am opening a plus sized women's clothing consignment shop and suddenly I am bombarded with clothes from every main store there is. And all styles and fashions. I had never even heard of Torrid before, and I have a whole rack of it now!

And I shop in my own store. I am buying what I like, but now I am seeing a definite theme presenting itself. I use to express myself with a kaleidoscope of alternative wear. Now I see a much more conservative me coming out. And oddly, its not pink and frilly. Not even lacey! I tend to go toward blues, greys, black and white. With a little red thrown in. Primary colors. Bold colors but in a conservative way. My chrissy called me butch the other day and I damn near fell over. I am NOT butch. But my hair is very very short now. And its black as black can be. And even tho I have painted toe nails and wear lacey panties and bras, I look masculinized. I am getting ALOT of compliments from family and friends. And people are stopping to look at me, second glances, like they dont know what I am at first. But I have lipstick and make up on! Do I look like a man wearing make up? Or a woman who looks masculine?

I know it works for me. I know i like it. I know its radically different than anything I have ever looked like before.
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post: