View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 09:45 AM   #47
TL1

How Do You Identify?:
Butch of stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
The guy kind

Thanked 3,460 Times in 1,006 Posts
TL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfect_cupcake View Post
"Popped your clogs" means really "did it" for you.
For example, what does it for me, is people being confident enough to make a fool of themselves a little to make me laugh. That *really* charms me... Like my exwife when we first met picking up one of the heels I kicked at her in the kitchen of a house party and shoving her face in it, sniffing and acting virile after sniffing it. I couldn't help but burst out laughing. Then she put them on and pranced about the place posing for people.
I totally was sold on spending the rest of the entire night talking to her till 8am. She didn't mind me buying her a beer, she teased me till I grabbed the hat off her head and beat her off her chair with it.

Another ex to make me cheer up when I was sad, was top naked, wrapped up in cling film (her body mod of scarification on her stomach was healing, she had got it done that morning), popped on her motor cycle helmet, got on a chair in front of her huge painting of the moon and yelled "I'm a space man!" "Floating in space!" "Whooooooah!" Etc till I started giggling because it was so stupid. I started falling for her at that point.

That's what "pops my clogs" - being able to make fun of yourself, being able to be confident enough to be an idiot clown to make me smile... That softens me. Makes me do the "D'awwwws"

Is that clearer?

Or it means to die. LOL
I've seen it used as "to die for" or "to die"
Not my question I know but....

It is indeed clear to me now.