Old 01-02-2011, 06:20 PM   #53
rainintothesea

How Do You Identify?:
-
Preferred Pronoun?:
-
Relationship Status:
-

rainintothesea Has the BEST Reputationrainintothesea Has the BEST Reputationrainintothesea Has the BEST Reputationrainintothesea Has the BEST Reputationrainintothesea Has the BEST Reputationrainintothesea Has the BEST Reputationrainintothesea Has the BEST Reputationrainintothesea Has the BEST Reputationrainintothesea Has the BEST Reputationrainintothesea Has the BEST Reputationrainintothesea Has the BEST Reputation

Yay! I am happy about this thread... pun intended. Hahaha. I crochet, and in fact, almost always have a ball of yarn and a project in my purse. I find it extremely meditative and soothing.

I sew, too, and have been doing hand embroidery for more than twenty years; Mama taught me when I was a wee thing. For a while, I was quite fancy with it... I did Elizabethan blackwork for period costumes, custom work on heirlooms and wedding dresses and things, all just via word of mouth. I simply don't have that kind of time to dedicate to it anymore, but I still love it. Embroidery to me is like painting with thread.

Right now, I have two crochet projects going, both scarves, and a laptop sleeve I am embroidering for a friend... the laptop sleeve is really neat, it was made by a fair trade organization that employs and empowers women and girls in Uganda. It's printed with a design that she asked me to sew over, and gave me full creative license as far as stitches, colors, etc... Fun!
rainintothesea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rainintothesea For This Useful Post: