Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,013 Times in 9,950 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post

Bethesda Terrace, in Central Park, NYC, is an architectural marvel and one of the first structures built in Central Park. Designed by Architect Frederick Law Olmstead and Calvert Vaux, construction began in 1859, continued through the Civil War, and was finished by 1863.

Frederick Law Olmstead is also well known for being the architect who designed Prospect Park, in Brooklyn. And in Chicago, for the 1st World's Fair. Olmstead is also featured in the non-fiction account penned by Erik Larson, Devil In The White City.

Back in the early 1980s, when I lived in NYC, I loved spending Saturday afternoons, walking around Central Park. I remember visiting this bridge structure and underground arcade area back in 1982. Back then, Central Park was very different. Lot's of people congregated in the park on Saturday or Sunday afternoons, but I also took a horse carriage ride through out the park and I won't ever forget that day or the weather (it was simply gorgeous) or the many taxi's or the many people who would walk the streets, day or night.

Bethesda Terrace is truly a remarkable architectural structure for the time in which is was constructed and a landmark of beauty.
lol, I got a phone call earlier and didn't see my glaring typo's until now.

I fixed my typo's: Olmstead is known for architectural designs in both Central Park in NYC, Prospect Park in Brooklyn and for his role in making structures in the 1st World's Fair, held in Chicago, Illinois back in 1893 (?).

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote