Old 03-10-2020, 10:34 AM   #765
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Hillary

hmmm.... I am just about to begin watching the 1st of the 4-part docu "Hillary" (Hulu, 2020).

Am quite interested in watching it for soooooooooo many reasons: what kind of woman stays with an a**hole (he cheated on her, etc. - most importantly, yeah but the most important fact of his general character - bleh! )? why didn't - and still do... thinking of Warren - so many Americans view a woman as electable as President (I know, she won the popular vote... but... in general, conditioned misogyny by both women and men) - and since I was so busy at the time she was running, I hadn't really followed that election, so my curiosity is really to discover a bit about her (was it just that people didn't like her because she "may" have just been a b*tch - idk? and, indirectly, how her behavior may have influenced people's view of Warren - people like to compare ) and also broaden my understanding on many issues which I can't go into on this site.

Having said the above, I also have qualms* about watching this, and wonder whether I will have the stomach to actually watch all 4 episodes right through to the end. Apparently (?), Bill appears in this doc and I can't stand his voice, perhaps the most extreme example of "ashes in the mouth" - so corrupt... (cough!)

*[I have seen a few excerpts and when Hillary spoke about her "husband", her voice went into the "ashes" mode (she was lying), and when she talks about her career, it moved into a more heart-based sonority - the "real" Hillary.]

So, I shall see how much of this doc I can take. The imdb reviews this doc presently at 4.7/10! - pretty bad - but this has just come out, it may change.

I have read a few excerpts from her book, and wasn't impressed.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post: