Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Tate Modern, Eliason & Kapoor

One of my favorite museums in the world, The Tate Modern, is a renovated turbine hall; what was once a decrepit symbol of industrialism is now an icon in London and has some of the most unique and special exhibition spaces in the world. And like all museums in the UK, admission is free.

The actual Turbine Hall itself has housed some of my favorite exhibits

'The Weather Project' by Olafur Eliason

Eliason is the artist that created the Waterfalls in New York a few years ago, he's also has permanent pieces in SF MoMA among other great collections.

And I experienced one of my favorite sculptors Anish Kapoor in the Turbine Hall as well

This exhibit is more recent and in Paris at the Grand Palais

Kapoor created the very controversial red steel sculpture/structure outside of the Olympic stadium

and his work that is probably most recognized in the US is Cloud Gate in Chicago (colloquially known as "the bean")