Old 07-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #69
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

First off, I was very glad to see David Millar win the stage. Garmin has had a rough road of it and David hasn't wone a stage in years (10?). I am also glad just because he has always been a rider I have favored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
Aye shame about Cadel but waaaayheeeey for Wiggo! Aren't Team Sky riding well. It's a joy to watch them work so hard to keep Brad in the maillot jeune. Very reminiscent, I must say, of Armstrong and his team

I'm lucky in that if I so choose to stay in for the afternoon I can watch live tour coverage, as I am doing today (it's rainy and I had a smashing big geared ride last night). I won't watch the conclusion though and will catch that later tonight when I settle down in bed and watch the highlights..........ooops! Just made a liar of myself and have seen who has taken today's stage. I won't post any spoilers for y'all though

ETA: Oh aye...forgot...welcome to Jo and mpslgrrl
I know you love your Wiggo, Incubus, but I have just never taken to him for some reason (prior to this Tour).

What do you think about the talk of him having these moments of disrespect toward other riders and also his refusal to speak in French to the French press?

I know what you are saying that it reminds you of the Tours with Lance. I thought the same thing. (of course, the feeling attached to that thought was sadness that Lance is no longer riding).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
Anyone else impressed with Chris Froome (hope I'm spelling that right) yesterday? I thought he had worn himself out, but clearly not. I like the team players who do all they can for their teammates.....but part of me would have liked to see what he could have done if he hadn't gone back for Wiggins near the end!
I know what you are saying about wanting to see what Froome can do. Especially when I first starting watching the Tour I would have the same thoughts when I saw riders who appeared stronger than their leader. Froome will have his day, though. Some team, or Sky will at some point pick him up to take on that role.

No doubt, we will see the same happen to Tejay. He is young so I am hopeful that he might be our new Lance! (ok, one can dream, right?) He does well on both the flats and the mountains, so he really may be a Tour contender some day.

Ok, I will stop rambling...stage 13 is on!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: