View Single Post
Old 11-24-2016, 08:40 PM   #62
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,157 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=homoe;1110581

I remember when the A & P gave dishes ,a piece a week, when you spent over a certain amount in groceries. [/QUOTE]

I have a set of those dishes and we use them as our everyday dishes. I grew up with them and mentioned to my mom about 6 years ago how much I loved them and she was like... I still have them, you want? I was so excited.

We had the green stamps at Macys. I remember my mom trying to explain them to me but I also remember not getting it.

I remember weekends were spent outside on my bike when I was younger, checking in a few times each day. When I was older it was walking to a friends house who had a television to watch weekend entertainment. Usually PeeWee Herman followed by Hulk Hogan wrestling. Then we would take out a boom box and walk around all day listening to cassettes, usually Cyndi Lauper. We would walk to my grandmothers and she had the big block of yellow "government cheese" they called it. I think it was food bank cheese. She would cut off a hunk and hand it to me and my friends with a sleeve of saltines and we'd think we struck rich. We'd walk up the road to another neighbor who had a massive garden and sneak a cucumber or a carrot and then go hang out either by the railroad tracks or on a cliff overlooking our river and feast.

I remember our bookmobile, the beloved red bus filled with books that would come to a church up the road a way every few weeks. I loved climbing up those steps and smelling the books.

Gay and Grey- Yes to Pen pals, getting my mouth washed out with soap, and Buster Browns!
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post: