Heavenleahangel

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Femme; Earth bound Angel and Babygirl;
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Angel, as long as it's respectful
Relationship Status:
Waiting for the One who can complete me

Thanked 2,069 Times in 468 Posts
Heavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST Reputation

I have been "paying it forward" ever since I was old enough to realize I came from the poor side of town and everytime someone would bring clothes or shoes or food to my Mama, I would feel sooo guilty for getting whatever was being brought as I knew there were many of my friends at school that was worse off than I was.
I started by taking whatever I couldn't wear and passed it along. Anytime I had a treat, I shared it with my best friend, etc. That made me feel a little better.
Now, I will find things at yard sales/consignment stores and pass them along to some of my friend's kids who are poor like I was growing up. I know these kids need the stuff and I am more than happy to pass along the blessings.

I start in late summer shopping the clearance sales on toys to pass along at Christmas. ALWAYS shop end of season sales like now, this time of year to get good deals on clothing. Some I pass along now if I can find someone who can use it, the rest I store til next season. I do this every chance I get.

I ALWAYS buy consignment for my son who is 4. If I have to buy new, I consign the clothing back or pass them down to someone else I know. No one can believe my son is wearing used clothing! He is always dressed in style and in good taste. It saves $$ and helps other parents who are in the same position as I was/am.

Most importantly in my life, I am responsible for 5 individuals who have varying levels of developmental delays. None of them are "adults" mentally. My family-which I call them as I am like "Mom" to them and take total care of them like their own mom's would. I am "Mom" to 3 of them! This is a full-time job, the pay isn't much, the "benefits" from the job are non-existent, but the benefits I get from knowing my "kids" are well fed, have a safe, stable roof over thir heads, medical care, clean clothes, health care-everything a bio mom would do. It's like having 4 teenagers around the age of 14-16 and 1 who is around the age of 10!
I love it! I give to these poeple what their own families can't or WONT give them. This is my pleasure. My calling. I know I will not be able to mother them forever and they will move on in life to another program or placement, but I know when they leave my care, they have felt valued and respected as human beings and know what it's like to be safe, loved and *wanted.* Something many have never felt.