Old 04-15-2014, 05:46 AM   #1170
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

So, i had a little freak out yesterday. I was calling my doc's office to find out when I should schedule a CAT scan. It had been a long time and couldn't remember what the plan was as the time frame changes on various tests the further out I move away from when I had my surgery/chemo treatment.

I found out that I actually missed a CAT scan appointment 4 months ago. I am pretty pissed because I am confident that they did not call me to tell me that this was scheduled. I recall the conversation with the assistant I had at my last oncology appt. She was to set it up when it was time for me to get one and let me know. She of course thinks she DID tell me. I don't recall that phone call, or receiving those prescriptions.

It doesn't matter at this point.

I was pretty freaked out that it has been 1 year and 3.5 months since my last CAT scan and it was to be done at one year. In my head, I mixed it up with how soon I was supposed to have a colonoscopy which is every 1.5 years (I think? Shit, maybe that one is sooner, too).

With both CAT scans and colonoscopies you want to be careful with how often you do them for health reasons.

It hasn't helped that for the last couple of months I have been having that same tired feeling I had before I was diagnosed. It is hard to explain, but it is this certain type of exhaustion I get. This is what got me thinking about calling to begin with. I actually thought it was supposed to be at 1.5 years and I was ahead of the game.

I will get my blood work done today and we will see how that goes. For most cancers though (the ones that I would typically get next), wouldn't show up in the blood until it was pretty bad, so that it not really a helpful gauge.

The CAT scan is Monday. I am glad they figured out a way to get me in so quickly.

I hope everyone else is doing well here.

I have a question for those who have suffered from cancer (for some reason I don't like the word survivor). How often do you think about it? How often do you worry it will come back? What is the intensity of the worry when you do think about it?

Thanks.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: