Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme on a varied spectrum/babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Thanked 14,633 Times in 6,270 Posts
Genesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Long time...

Sending positive energy and prayers to you DapperButch, Clay and everyone else in this group. Gosh, I feel like I have been out of the loop for a while.
As of now, my Mom had left knee and leg surgery. One of the screws was digging into her knee and she was no longer able to walk. She has two months left of limited mobility, and then she can begin physical therapy. It has been a learning experience trying to make sure she is wise and patient and not force herself to walk sooner than she should and making sure my Dad and I do not burn out.
It has been an interesting balancing act, but totally doable. Learning to know when to ask for "me" time... With Mother's day coming next month... my mind is already planning what my Dad and I will be doing for her on Mother's day. I am thankful for every single Doctor, intern, nurse and health personnel that has been involved in my Mom's care... even the bad ones... learned lessons and wisdom and strength gained. My prayers, positive energy, and love to each of you on your journey and your loved ones that walk this journey with each of you....

As for the questions:

How often do you think about it?
Since beginning the journey with my Mom almost 6 years ago... I do not think of mine so much... I make sure I stick to my annual check ups and blood work. Since I am so involved in my Mom's process... I do not think of mine often...

How often do you worry it will come back?
I worry mostly when I go do my blood work or annual check up. Once I get the results... then I deal with it....

What is the intensity of the worry when you do think about it?
It's not as intense as it used to be before. I just figured when it's time for me to go... It's time for me to go... If it comes back am going to give it hell.....

Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Genesis For This Useful Post: