Old 04-20-2014, 09:30 PM   #1179
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

So, I found out on Friday that my best friend's father has colon cancer. She has been my best friend since 5th grade, so I know he him well. He has been my mechanic for years.

It is bad. BAD. He lost 25+lbs over the last couple of months and has refused to go to the doctor. He finally went because he was so exhausted he could not function. Doc could feel his tumor with a rectal exam.

Anyway, they are moving quickly, even having a surgeon come in on Good Friday when the office was closed to check him out (family doc knows the surgeon).

Chemo/radiation first. Dont' know why that is. My friend only knows so much. I told my friend after he gets all the info. I can sit down with her parents if they want. He is such a proud man (he has had symptoms for 6 months and ignored them), but I figure maybe he would be willing. I would think he might have a question or two about tx I could help him with.

It's got to be bad though, guys, if they could feel it. I don't want to tell my friend this and when she called me a couple of months ago, I told her it was a very treatable cancer. I don't have the heart to tell her that is it treatable when you catch it early....

Anyway, keep my friend's Dad in your thoughts and prayers please. He gets the results of his CAT scan tomorrow (they are searching for more tumors).

Thanks.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: