How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,619 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

The great white sharks are intimidating and sharing the waters with them has become an art form. We have an abundant seal population and often share space with them while sunning on the beach.

I remember years ago when I went diving in Massachusetts waters as well as Newport and Little Compton, I always wore a knife on my leg. People teased me that there were no sharks what was the knife for. I didn't bring a knife to kill a shark for god's sake. You never know when you might get tangled up in something or other, maybe seaweed or some such shit. It just made sense to me. And there most certainly were sharks. Maybe not so many white sharks like you see today. The booming seal population has changed a lot, especially in Cape Cod waters and is infinitely more attractive to the white shark.

Massachusetts Bay has some unique properties I think. There's an underwater plateau, Stellwagen Bank, that makes a kind of nutrient filled more shallower area surrounded by deep water that is so attractive to tons of fish and mammals. I think it's what makes whale watching so awesome in the area.

I miss the ocean.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post: