View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 07:15 PM   #49
~Bo

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 1,680 Times in 742 Posts
~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post
Joe,

Death is sad. Whether it be the death of a person, the death of a reputation, or the death of an ideal.

To me, you will always be a coach with an unprecedented legacy, a legacy now tainted by the alledged predatory actions of one of your employees. I will never know what all occured during this hideous part of your history at Penn State. I dont know if anyone ever will cuz when people rush to cover their asses, the truth becomes a forgotten part of the process.

Joe, I dont blame you for what happened. What Jerry is accused of doing is horrid but you didnt do it. Jerry did. You had it dropped in your lap. Sometimes it is hard to know what to do in a situation. And sometimes even when you do what you should, it still wont be perceived, in hindsight, as the right thing or the best thing or enough. And you will be called many things for not having done more. What is worse is, every good thing you have done gets pushed aside because people need someone to blame, someone to be responsible, someone who dropped the ball in the scheme of things.

Joe, as someone who was responsible for protecting innocent kids, I have been there. And, I knew what to do and who to report it to, and put my career on the line more than once only to watch the system fail. And when the system failed, I failed. Sometimes, I didnt know what to do or the best thing to do. Sometimes, I maybe didnt act when I should have. I know, regardless, I agonized over it every step of the way. Some things still haunt me and they always will. But, nothing will haunt me more than the look in the eyes of a child I failed.

So, Joe, I am not going to judge you or call you names cuz I know what it is like. I'm just going to say thank you for the memories both good and not so good. Just seems like the right thing to do for another imperfect human being.

Exactly. Thanks
~Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Bo For This Useful Post: