Old 07-16-2018, 06:39 AM   #539
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs down Who Is America?

There is this new "comedy" show made by some guy called "Sacha Baron Cohen" who I had never really seen before on air, although I had seen his name bandied about. It's called "Who Is America?" and airs on Showtime. I was able to watch about the 1st 7 minutes of the 28 minute show, when I just couldn't take it anymore. I can't think of a word worse than disgust and, in some sense, the show exemplifies a kind of bizarre "perversity of humour" for me. It is very rare that I would have to stop watching a show (unless it was so boring as to be inane), as there are very few things that I might have a reaction to, but this show wins hands down. Baron himself plays characters who are the very worst of the worst of stereotypes, all the while having selected the most stereotypical of interviewees. I didn't find it funny, actually finding it to be inane and crass! And I don't know what on earth I could say apart from that. I don't even feel like posting a YouTube trailer for it.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote