How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

I can thank all my exes for helping me understand that there are many ways to look at any issue. Right and wrong are not set in stone. It is more fluid than that, there is more grey. Things are not so black and white and the world is a better place for it.

I discovered that as positive as I am that I am right and that once I explain my position my partner will see the light, it just isn't so. I have all my exes to thank for that lesson. It pretty much took every last one of them for I am a slow learner. Everybody thinks they're right. Perspective is everything. Being right is not as meaningful as one would think. It is more important is to understand the other person's point of view.

I also learned through all the women I have loved that compassion, understanding, empathy and kindness is as important as love in any relationship.

I also learned love is a verb.

All my lessons from all my past exes have brought me to this place in my life where I can be a loving, caring and kind partner to my wife. Without all my experiences with all my exes, as difficult as some were and as heartbreaking as some others have been, I might not be the person I am and be capable of sustaining a relationship with the most wonderful woman in the world. And that would have been terribly unfortunate for me. So I thank all my exes for helping me grow into a person who was able to stay in a relationship for 18 years with the love of my life. And we are still going strong. I am so lucky to have found Truly Scrumptious who fills all my dark places with light. I love you my dark angel, my magical mystery girl.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post: