Old 06-27-2018, 05:56 PM   #3702
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,781 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

From what I understand McConnell plans to vote in the fall - before the midterms. They only need 51 votes to confirm a Supreme Court justice and if McCain is unable to vote due to illness they have Pence. So someone like Susan Collins or Jeff Flake would have to vote against - which I personally find unlikely.

So, I'm not sure the Dems are going to be able to hold this off until after the midterms but they should do everything they can to do so.

From a long term perspective, this is definitely the worst thing that has happened in the Chump presidency. I know Kennedy is a conservative but why he would retire to give someone like this horrible dictator-like man the power to set the course of the Supreme Court for decades to come is unreal to me.

And his retirement timing looks suspicious to me - just enough time to try to ram through a confirmation right before the mid terms. I am so ill.

Dems didn't fight hard enough the last time. And McConnell said this in an interview in April:

"The decision I made not to fill the Supreme Court vacancy when Justice Scalia died was the most consequential decision I've made in my entire public career."

Indeed asshole.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post: