View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #21
girllikeu2

How Do You Identify?:
Dingbat
Relationship Status:
Facebook Official

Thanked 1,100 Times in 288 Posts
girllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNguy View Post
Psssssstttttt. Whispers don't do it !!!!
Be a physical therapist they make soooo much more and have much less stress

P.S. if you laughed at that statement then becoming an RN is for you !
If you took offense to the statement , nursing isn't the path .
That's our humor bc the majority of us have an out there sence of humor at times. To be honest you have to laugh or you will mentally break down from the things you go through from nursing school to the real world. The money is ok , the stability is amazing, the positions are amazing, is ICU what you may like , well no , ok maybe try ortho , urology, neurology , dialysis nursing , home health ,,,, on and on you can pick from .
The overtime is great . If you think your shift ends in 12 hrs , well there comes the situation where you pt codes and your 12 hr shift turned into a 16 hr shift .
To be a nurse is the most AMAZING, REWARDING, HEARTBREAKING, ABUSIVE, STRESSFUL , CHALLENGING , DIVERSE , BEAUTIFUL CAREER TO HAVE .
Ask Anya, tangle , always2late, all the nurses will say its all of those described words in caps

I LOVE abuse! I am actually thinking I might not hate Hospice. I am a freak like that, and RNguy... you'd be amazed at how perverse and dark Sped. teachers are (especially those who work with fragile students) I bet we'd be great pals. I have (as a teacher) done many a G-tube feeding, timed a seizure and administered diastat, popped my gloved finger into the bloody mouth of an HIV+ kid who cracked his lip open on the slide (all teeth accounted for!) been exposed to TB (that was a fun little few months of testing) and attended more funerals of kids than I care to recall... soooooo. Sign me up for ALL of THAT! ... BUT remove the need to "prove educational gains" all while potentially making more money and I will be feeling frisky.
girllikeu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girllikeu2 For This Useful Post: