Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,551 Times in 1,456 Posts
Sun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST Reputation

I am really having a hard time staying focused and making time to write. Not sure what the heck is wrong with me.

The email from the local NaNoWriMo group cracked me up today. Not sure if yall are getting the same emails or if the local groups craft their own pieces each day. Most likely its all the same email but I want to share a few clips that made me laugh and got me thinking about changing directions if that is what I decide that I want to do. Mostly, I am just writing for the sake of writing, but I see that many are trying to crank out something worthy of publication. Here are a few clips:

"Well, I am here to give you something that most wouldn’t give you in this situation. I am here to give you permission. TO CHANGE STORIES.

That’s right, I am telling you that if your story is simply too painful to continue, you have my permission to start a new one."

"Or if you don’t have another idea, explore the Nano forums – check out the “Adoption Society” for stray characters and ideas that need a good home"

"But no matter what you do, do not “kill the main character with a bus and continue with a new one,” or whatever creative story-saving advice you get from the first person to answer your “Help, I’m Stuck!” forum post. This is essentially writing the same story, the same story that is giving you so much trouble. You need a NEW story, so do yourself the favor, cut the old story off where it stands, and start a brand new one."

“Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along.”
― Rumi

Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post: