Old 08-09-2019, 03:15 PM   #31
Amulette

How Do You Identify?:
Ma chérie, a sweet thing.
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine
Relationship Status:
Following the scent of flowers.

Amulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST Reputation
Default From the "other" side.

I stumbled upon this thread and it sparked a need for expression for me. So I think I will share.

Being one of those "crazy artist types" I have had to wrestle with societal norms and the people who need them from me. I have a different way of seeing reality and it reflects in how I live my life. I'm about 85% right brained. So I use different parts of my brain to survive and accomplish things than my left brained friends. And my ways may seem odd to people who are more logically focused.

Example: When I was younger I was in a relationship with someone who had what I call a "worker bee" mentality. Very structured and devoted to accomplishing the tasks that are expected of them. Everything needed to happen in order and on time for their world to be right. I understand that there is security and functional sense to this. I on the other hand would get immersed in projects loosing all track of time, realize I should have started dinner an hour ago, refocus and create a fabulous dinner (albeit late). I would be excited to share my creative projects and they would be like is dinner ready? Soon darling........ my heart sinking.

I drove them stark raving and also thrilled the hell out of them. They were like a blanket and cocoa, warm comfort, but bored me to tears. I was all too willing to except that I was lacking as partner for not fitting into those societal norms and being Clara Clockwork. And to justify their need for order they were willing to support that theory. Sigh. Not a match made in heaven. Everything got done but love could not overcome that reality clash.

Sometime later I heard a Native American theory about the left brain, right brain thing. It told of their being two types of women/mothers. Earth women and Star women. Earth women are like the "worker bee" people. They are steady, predictable, logical, masters of physical order. This is how they nourish their loved ones. Star women are the dreamers, visionaries, artists, storytellers. They nourish their loved ones by inspiring their hearts. What a beautiful validation that was.

For me personally the fundamental difference is motivation and the methods it incurs. Life happens and things need to get done. The societal norm says A,B,C,and D need to get done and you do them because you have to. You have to because it's survival. So do it. Work, chores, bills, everyday stuff. Physical order.

My motivation is beauty. I worship beauty. I'm not just cleaning, I'm making the house more beautiful. (That journey is not for the faint of heart.) I'm not just cooking I'm doing art and healing with food and spices. When I create I looses all sense of time and go into anther world. But, things get done, my credit is excellent, the house is clean, the food is great, I show up to work on time. And while my methods may scare (and thrill) the hell out of some, it makes perfect sense to me. Neither I nor my friends consider me "unstable". Hahaha we call it being a free spirit.

You wanted to know if you should should date an artist? I would answer that with a question. How flexible is your reality?????
Amulette is offline   Reply With Quote