View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 11:11 PM   #14315
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,994 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy

gosh, all the horrible news 'front page' news stories on nearly every major media outlet: Sex perp football coach, that horrible couple in California that hurt their 13 kids, that sex perp senator in Tennessee, that S.P. at the top in US Government, the SCJ who sexually harassed Anita Hill wants to upend case law in favor of (………..). It's absolutely revolting. Nauseating. Gross. The ugliness that is pervasive in our country. And, I just got through watching a special news report about the Femicide in Honduras.

Then I came across the news story (link found here) about how Alexa and Siri perpetuate sexist maximums upheld by American society and perpetuated by the technology industry innovators (I use the term, and phrase of thought, loosely). And people wonder how deep sexism is in our country and why the proverbial cancer of the denigration and abuse toward women is practically incurable.

It's like a horrible bad dream, like a broken record, all this awful ugliness.
It hurts my heart and makes me cry and makes me feel so very, very unsafe.

The continual mistreatment of and abuse exacted upon women is what's on my mind.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: