cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
Hickenlooper's out. I liked him. I gave him a couple bucks early on. He wouldn't have been bad.

Beto made a weird speech. Instead of going to the Iowa State Fair, because there's probably no point, he's going to Mississippi to talk about the immigration raids. His weirdly phrased explanation: "Where Donald Trump has been terrorizing and terrifying and demeaning our fellow Americans, that’s where you will find me in this campaign."

It sounded like some cartoon superhero proclaiming his mission. Underdog O'Rourke to the rescue.
Beto's speech made sense to me right off. The joy and fun of a fair is inappropriate for a politician when his home state is in mourning. That's how it would be perceived by people who aren't thinking politics.

As for the fairly unknown candidates, I like Bennet (probable sp). Yeah, he's pretty centrist, but I think he's a honest and hard working politician who truly cares about our country. Anybody else hear how this quiet guy stood up against Cruz about flooding in Colorado? In chambers, he rose and paced, obviously upset. Apparently, Cruz had said something negative about money for flood victims. Bennet spoke of the farmers, ranchers, and small businesses destroyed by the flood. Sounded like he truly cared about his constituents.