How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

The GOP won't change. Pence and Trump had a meeting Monday and all seems well between them. I guess Pence forgot about the gallows built at the Capitol where Trump supporters vowed to hang him for being a traitor. Or maybe he is remembering it well. I think there is a lot intimidation that happens with these radical right/white supremacist militia type movements. It's all so black and white with them, no grey areas, which is why Christian right groups are heavily involved with these people financially and as members. I don't think the Christian right can see the color grey at all. For all these people, the end justifies the means.

We sure do live in interesting times. I wonder what the inauguration will bring.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/america...tion-1.5261804
Excerpts below:

Democrats' House resolution was blocked by Republicans. However, the full House is to hold a roll call vote on it Tuesday, and it is expected to pass. After that, Pelosi said, Pence will have 24 hours to respond. Next would be the impeachment proceedings.

Pence has given no indication he is ready to proceed on a course involving the 25th Amendment.

He and Trump met late Monday for the first time since the Capitol attack, a senior administration official said.

Trump and Pence had a "good conversation" in the Oval Office discussing the week ahead, and they pledged to continue working for the remainder of their terms, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the private meeting.

No member of the Cabinet has publicly called for Trump to be removed from office though the 25th Amendment.

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, D-Md., offered the 25th Amendment resolution during Monday's brief session. It was blocked by Rep. Alex Mooney, R-W.Va., as other GOP lawmakers stood by him.

Pelosi said the Republicans were enabling Trump's "unhinged, unstable and deranged acts of sedition to continue. Their complicity endangers America, erodes our Democracy, and it must end."

However, House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy, a Trump ally, said in a letter to colleagues that "impeachment at this time would have the opposite effect of bringing our country together."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post: