View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 02:12 PM   #1431
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,085 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
(((((((((((((((((((((Wrang))))))))))))))). I am happy to hear they did keep her. Thank the Universe for NURSES! They are the ones who actually spend the most time with a patient!

Though "empty" the stomach still produces gastric acids, and quite possibly her stoma (site where tube is in) may be "stretched" thus allowing for that leakage. May be suggest a larger size feeding tube? Just my thoughts on that, having dealt with these sorts of issues in past. Does she have a stomal dressing to help stabilize that feeding tube? Just some ideas to mull over with the nurses?! Sends you big hugs & more for your mom!!
I agree wholeheartedly about the nurses!

They are taking that PEG tube out tomorrow. I think you are right, Clay, regarding the stoma. You can see that it's much wider than the tube. I believe from all the pressure put on it from vomiting.

She now has an NGtube which is sucking all that nastiness out of her. She's experiencing pain but she's getting Dilaudid through her IV every four hours. She's also getting fluids. No food or drink though.

I had to laugh earlier. She asked the nurse for ice. The nurse complied but with instructions that she can only have a little.

I left the room and when I came back she was still eating ice. I told her she's only allowed a few pieces. She replied that she knew but she was addicted to it. She's a little out of it.
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post: