How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

It's Christmas/holiday season right now. Many of us Elder folk find ourselves alone at this time. I want to wish you all a wonderful holiday season. Let's spend some time talking to each other. Let's bring some love and support in to each others lives.

Here's my story. Christmas has been pretty awful for me since my darling died unexpectedly three days after Christmas in 2003. We had adopted four kids and the oldest was 15 when he died. we began to change some of our family traditions because doing things we had always done was so painful without him. We always opened presents on Christmas eve, which we still do, but Christmas day was a lazy day where we re-examined all our gifts, played with new toys and watched sappy old christmas movies together, while working together to make a fantastic Christmas dinner. Now what we do on CHristmas days is to go to one of the many dinner shows in Orlando. Each year it seems that someone has a "half off" special, and that seems to guide us to the show we will see that year, LOL!!

This has become something that we look forward to, and it relieves us of the strain of cooking at all on Christmas day. Usually we have a friend or two from out of town, which helps to provide a distaction. Last year my friend from Michigan came to visit and we had a ball baking cookies all day until it was time to go to the show. The kids followed the sit around and watch Christmas movie tradition, and every once in a while would slip in to the kitchen to steal more cookies!!! It was a wonder we could eat at all when it came time to go to the dinner show.

This year we are going to the magic show at WonderWorks in Orlando. We are all looking forward to it. A "new" tradition that is likely to stick with them long after they have families of their own!!

Also this year, I have a new love in my life. We will not be able to spend the holidays together as we live across the continent from each other, but we will talk a lot, and dream of sharing a home together by this time next year. Life can still bring you miracles!!!

How are all you other oldies doing during the holidays?

Mistletoe Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post: