EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyButch View Post
Ender, I've not been to Butch Femme Salon, but was given the impression it was mostly younger folks...is this the case, I would certainly like to embrace my community...given it's hard to find the b/f dynamic anywhere...
Hmm it depends on the event. Some events its more of a mixed crowd, while others its mainly butches/femmes in their 20s and 30s (I would say on average many in their late 20s and 30s) with a minority of butches/femmes who are 40+.

The good thing is that events have a few different components. Often start off with just laid back mingling, people having drinks, chatting etc., and then later comes the show. The show ranges from burlesque (featuring femmes, butches, more androgynous and trans folks) to drag shows (mainly drag king shows, and often the Yes Men who are a huge hit if you haven't seen them before). Afterwards there's a dance party, but we often just go for the show ourselves. They also have a photo booth sort of thing where you can have a photo shoot of sorts done and they provide you with all kinds of fun/outrageous props.

I would suggest if anyone hasn't been and think it might appeal to them then its worth checking out, at least for the main show which is always quality and a lot of fun. Cover is also pretty cheap and for those who are low on cash they also have a PWYC policy.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post: