Old 01-28-2019, 10:15 AM   #3369
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Black Panther (2018)

Well, I saw Black Panther (2018), and really liked it overall. Much fun, action, drama, fantasy... (wishful thinking - lol/the American Dream for m/woc). So, I suspended my belief system so to speak (btw, I don't any beliefs), and just enjoyed the film for what it is, and it was really quite well done. It's nominated for 7 Academy Awards and I thought it was well worth watching. As an aside - Hey, this evil guy, Klaue - I thought he reminded me of some actor I had seen before, and in the 2nd scene he appeared in, it dawned on me, it was Gollum (!!! *g) from Lord of the Rings, the inimitable Andy Serkis.

Well, the SAG awards were announced, and this film beat out all the others for best picture (i.e. it won out over A Star is Born, Bohemian Rhapsody, BlacKkKlansman, and Crazy Rich Asians). Apparently, the Screen Actors Guild are said to be a good indicator of who might win at the Academy Awards; we'll see, right?

Anyhooo, as Nina Simone, once sang - but not in this film (btw, I once saw her live... ):

"To be young, gifted and black,
Oh what a lovely precious dream
To be young, gifted and black,
Open your heart to what I mean..."

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjDjIWPwcPU
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post: