View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 07:19 PM   #11
WheatToast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her

WheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nina03 View Post
I think for me, I don't generally use baby talk with actual babies. I had multiple speech impediments as a small child (stuttered and lisped), and I feel like hearing adults use correct speech is really important for children's language skills, and verbal development.

That said, I use baby talk with my puppies all the time, and I'm kind of surprised by it. I never thought I'd be that kind of puppy mom, but here I am.

As for baby talk with a lover, I guess that is something that has varied depending on who I am with. I don't generally like being spoken to like I'm a child, so it would have to be pretty specific circumstances for me to be ok with it aimed at me. I don't think I've ever used baby talk with to a butch lover. I call people sweetie pretty often, but I don't consider that baby talk.

Cats are different. I call one Kitty Pants and the other Uniball.
WheatToast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WheatToast For This Useful Post: